Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Watch, Want, Where.

Happy Halloween!!! Today is the first in a series I would like to do on Wednesdays. Today as a whole is going to be pretty exciting and very busy. I have friends in town, which means that I will be going out to some type of club; just because this is Las Vegas and when people come to Las Vegas they want to do "Vegas things". I wish people would come to here and say "Let's take a road trip, let's see what's outside of this place." That way I get to see something new, ya know? Meh I'm rambling.. anyway onwards.


Watch : Crystal Castles - Plague. When I first seen this video I almost started watching with my hands covering my eyes. But I managed. I feel like it's a perfect Halloweenie type of music video that isn't the typical " halloween video". You know dark lighting, dark room, someone running because someone is trying to kill them.. or some type of being - vampire..werewolf. Or the types that are really sad and depressing.



Want : Do you see those shoes? no really.. DO YOU SEE THOSE SHOES? I was in Urban Outfitters looking for clothes for my halloween costume (I didn't find anything I might add..except a skirt or two), happened to walk past and saw these babies at a glance. Didn't even pay attention. Until later in the day when I was at work I came up with this idea of an outfit that included these badass shoes. So you may be sitting there wondering why do I still want these shoes.. why didn't I go back and buy them?? Because they are 255 dollars that's why. A girl has to pay her rent.



Where : I happend to be browsing blogs last night and came across Chestnut Mocha, the first post I saw was on Katie and Ben's incredible corn maze adventure. And it got me thinking about how I haven't done anything fall-like this season. I haven't gone to a pumpkin patch, haven't carved any pumpkins..haven't even had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, haven't made super corny dishes (see what i did there? eh, ehh? haha)..there is a lot I haven't done this season and I'm kind of disappointed now. The thing that sucks about living in the desert is you don't really get cool things -  like corn mazes around you. The closest one to us is about an hour away and today is its last day. I kind of wish that I looked into it sooner then R. and I could've had a day trip adventure..but we googled it last night at like 10 pm *we are such procrastinators*. Hopefully I will at least get to go to a pumpkin patch at some point...hopefully.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could pay that much for a pair of shoes! Last year when I was debating over buying an expensive pair of shoes my friend said to me, 'will you get one wear for every dollar you spend on them?'. And it totally changed the way I bought shoes and clothes. I've spent hundreds of dollars on dresses that still hang in my cupboard with the tags on, unworn. So when I'm tossing up whether to buy a dress for $90 I purchase it if I know I'm going to get $90 worth of wear out of!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the price is ridiculous, but I'm such a novelty buyer. I'm starting to change the way I buy clothes because that's my closet now. I've either brought something with an idea in mind and never worn it or brought it - wore it once and didn't like how it looked.

      Delete
  2. How amazing is that! Hi, Jacinta, I was just browsing different blogs trying to meet new people and I found yours.. and then I scrolled down and saw my name! Hahaha that's super cool :-)
    Well, you know, pumpkin spice latte was OK but the Christmas drinks are already in Starbucks - try those! All of them are delicious and make you jump into the holiday mood just like that :-)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete